Housing Services Department
What can the Housing Services Department Help me with?
The Housing services Department can help you obtain/maintain housing within Lanark County. We run a variety of programs that can help you. To find out more about a specific program please see the Quick Links bar in that section to find out more. If you have questions about housing options please call and speak with one of our caseworkers.
Lanark County Housing Services offers the following programs:
- Social Housing Registry for Rent Geared to Income (RGI) Housing or commonly referred to as the “wait list”
- Homeownership Program - Applications now being accepted for 2020.
- Renovate Lanark - Program is currently accepting applications. All complete applications may be deposited in the drop boxes at all Lanark County Social Services locations.
- Insulate Lanark - Applications for Insulate Lanark are available May 22, 2020 and may be accessed with the link on this site or by mail upon request. Projects will be reviewed and approved until the funding allocation is depleted.
- Minor Home Repair
- Rent Support Program - this program is now closed. No new applications will be accepted.
- Housing Allowance Program - this program is now closed.
- Housing Options Program
- Domiciliary Hostels
- Housing Help
Our programs are always changing based on available funding.
To apply for Rent Geared to income, click on the application.
Completed applications may be forwarded to housingapplications(replace these parentheses with @)lanarkcounty.ca or mailed to:
Lanark County Housing Services
52 Abbott Street North, Unit 4
Smiths Falls, ON, K7A 1W3
If you need assistance completing the form, please contact our office.
Social Housing Clerk
613-267-4200 ext. 2402
Toll Free: 1-888-952-6275
housingapplications(replace these parentheses with @)lanarkcounty.ca