Employment Points of Interest
Our Corporate Values
Wellness at Work
Lanark County is committed to promote workplace wellness as demonstrated by our commitment to:
- Recognize each other’s contributions through employee appreciation activities (e.g. Staff Appreciation BBQs, Road to Zero Health and Safety (H&S) Incentive Draws, H&S Week Activities, Long Service Awards, Retirement Recognition).
- Encourage personal development through initiatives like career development, education and training assistance, performance development plans, corporate core curriculum and departmental training.
- Encourage employees to seek work/life balance and improved health and well-being by offering:
- physical health activities (Spirit Committee events such as: pick-up hockey, baseball games, group workouts and lunchtime yoga classes at reasonable prices)
- healthy lifestyle education and awareness resources (wellness articles, external resources , support programs, e.g. Weight Watchers At Work, EFAP Dietician services)
- personal health management services and programming (e.g. Return to Work (RTW) case management and flu shot clinics)
- Wellness Promotion Account
- Promote respectful interactions through the establishment of Corporate Values and an Employee Code of Conduct policy.
- Commit to a safe work environment through the Health & Safety Management Program and associated policies, Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committees, mandatory health and safety training and the Violence/Harassment in the Workplace Prevention Program.
- Staff support through the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), EFAP training for leaders and performance development plans.
- Encourage staff to be engaged and have fun at work through its many Spirit Committee initiatives (e.g. holiday celebrations, pot luck luncheon “Best Dish” competitions, Christmas karaoke, Lanark Lodge resident Christmas stocking program and other corporate social events).